This is another one of those recipes that has been in my drafts for quite sometime now. I had made and photographed this dessert almost a month ago. I even managed to edit the photographs. But I never got around publishing the recipe because the writer's block always gets the better of me. Each time I sit down to pen my thoughts, I find myself with a lot on my mind. None of which renders to a compelling blog post. I wonder how some people manage to pen their thoughts so effortlessly. This is something I really need to learn.
Enough of my woes about writer's block!!! Let's get to the recipe. Shall we??
This parfait was something that I had made a few weeks back. I had some raspberries lying in the fridge and there were also these store brought Oatmeal raisin cookies that the husband and the kiddo didn't fancy too much. So I decided to combine the cookies and the raspberries to make this Parfait.
- Combine 6Oz of Raspberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan and cook over low heat for 2-3min.
- Mash the berries with the back of the ladle or spoon and continue cooking for a 3-4min more.
- Take off the heat and allow the compote to cool completely.
- Blend the oatmeal raisin cookies to a coarse powder in a blender and set aside.
- Chop about 8 raspberries into quarters and reserve the rest for garnishing.
- Spoon a table spoon of the compote at the bottom of a clean shot glass. Proceed by adding a teaspoon of chopped raspberries and follow it up with one and a half table spoon of Strawberry yogurt. Then top it with a layer of crumbled cookie and press slightly. Repeat the process until the glass is full and Top it with a raspberry. Chill the parfaits for an hour before serving.
- I did not add too much sugar to the compote because I did not want to make the parfait overly sweet. But you can go ahead and add more sugar to adjust the sweetness.
- You can made this dessert with berries of your choice. The oatmeal raisin cookies can be substituted with Granola.
- You can add some nuts if you prefer!!