I think a recipe for a good chocolate chip cookie is a must in any Baker's recipe repertoire. Whether it is for a crispy one or a soft chewy one, almost everyone I have known has their own chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This chocolate studded cookie is i think a favorite in most of the households. To me, it is a dessert staple, a timeless classic, an amazing snack that can be had warm, cold or dunked in milk. It can be had either as a dough, as or along with ice cream. It can be had in a hundred different ways. But the chocolate chip cookie cannot be resisted by anybody.
I have been baking these cookies for quite sometime now. Since I have two compulsive chocolate addicts at home, these cookies are most sought after. Purvi and S like these cookies so much that I bake these atleast once in a fortnight.
This recipe or the delightful chocolate chip cookie is adapted from Anna Olsen's book, Back to baking. In this recipe, the basic brown sugar cookie dough is used as a base for the chocolate chip cookie. I have made a few modifications to make the cookies a little crisp as We love our cookies to have a bit of a crunch.
The changes I have made are, I have substituted the half cup of brown sugar with the icing sugar and the quarter cup of white sugar with the brown sugar. The egg was substituted with milk. These little changes made the cookies light and crispy. This recipe is something that I will treasure.
So if you are looking for the perfect Eggless Chocolate chip cookie, then look no further. This recipe is just perfect. It is a simple recipe of a brown sugar cookie dough with lots of chocolate chips. Can it get any home spun than this?? I guess not.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Preparation time: 15min+chilling time
Baking time: 10-12mins
Unsalted butter- 8tbsp, at room temperature
Icing sugar- 1/2 cup
Brown sugar- 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract- 1tsp
All purpose flour- 1-1/4 cup or 320ml (measured after sifting thrice)
Corn starch- 2tbsp
Baking soda- 1/2tsp
Salt- a large pinch
Semi sweet Chocolate chips- 3/4 cup
- Cream the butter, icing sugar and brown sugar till fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and milk and whisk some more and keep aside.
- Sift the all purpose flour along with the corn starch, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mix till well combined.
- Wrap the dough in a cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 30min.
- Scoop a table spoons of the chilled dough and shape them into balls. Flatten them slightly between your palms and place them 2 inches apart on to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 10-12 or till the undersides are brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies can be stored in air tight containers for upto two weeks.