Belated Valentines day wishes to all my friends. Hope you all had a wonderful time with your loved ones.
Today I bring to you a recipe for a baked goodie that is a cross between a cake and a cookie. Yes you are right. It is the super delicious Brownie. Actually, I never intended to make or bake anything for Valentines day. As S is away on work, I did not have any mood to celebrate Valentine's day. It was 10:30Pm on the 13th. Purvi and I were lazing on the carpet. I was going through the book marked recipes and Purvi was reading her picture book. I was going through this recipe from Radhika's blog. Purvi suddenly came up to me and said " Amma make this cake for me". I am not sure if it was the chocolate or Radhika's gorgeous pictures that made Purvi ask for them. And that was it. I just got up. Walked into the kitchen and started baking these delicious brownies.
To tell you the truth, this is not the first time I baked these brownies. I had baked them twice earlier. Once was for a family get together and the second time was for Purvi's class Party. But baking this goodie this time was special. Because, Purvi was with me all through the time I was baking these. She was there helping me chop the nuts, handing over the ingredients, and constantly entertaining me with her non stop chatter. It was almost midnight by the time the brownies came out of the oven and She slept only after the tasting the it. After tasting, she told me it tasted like Galaxy chocolate. To me it was the best moment of my life.
Brownies can be served in many ways. You can just have it with milk, with cream or marzipan, Or with powdered sugar. But I like my brownie best with some vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Like a a la mode. So on Valentines day, I made the sauce and even got some Vanilla ice cream. Purvi and I had lots of fun eating these brownies and licking the sauce off our fingers. Yes we did miss S terribly and we kept wishing that he was with us. But despite all the missing this was one of the best Valentine's day I ever had.
Except for two changes, I have followed Radhika's recipe to the T. The only changes I have made are, I have replaced melted chocolate with nutella and I have used almonds and cashews instead of walnuts. They did not make too much of a difference to the taste. The brownies, were fudgy, moist and perfect. Do give this brownie a try and I assure you. You will love it as much as we did.
Eggless brownies with nutella hot chocolate fudge sauce recipe:
Preparation time: 40min
Baking time- 20-30min
Makes- 9-12 pieces of brownies and half cup of fudge sauce
Ingredients for the brownies:
- All purpose flour / Maida- 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder -1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar-3/4 cup
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Baking Soda-1 tsp
- Oil-1/3 cup or 5 tbsp.
- Milk-1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Instant Coffee Powder-2 tsp
- Nutella- 1tbsp
- Vanilla Extract- 1/4 tsp
- A handful of almonds and cashews
For the nutella espresso hot chocolate fudge sauce:
- Cooking chocolate chopped- 1/4cup
- Cream- 1/3 cup
- Nutella- 1/4cup
- instant coffee powder- 2tsp
- Vanilla essence- a few drops
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
For the brownie:
- Grease an 8" square pan with butter and keep aside
- Mix the milk and the vinegar in a bowl and set aside for 10min.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into large bowl. Mix in the powdered sugar and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the oil and nutella and beat well till well blended. Stir in the milk and vinegar mixture, along with the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients one cup at a time and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-25min or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the brownie to cool in the pan for 10min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve warm
For the nutella espresso hot chocolate fudge:
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and cream till smooth. Stir in the nutella, coffee powder, and vanilla essence and mix till well blended.
- Take off the heat and serve immediately.
- Place a brownie on a plate and place a scoop of ice cream on the brownie and pour the fudge sauce over the ice cream and serve immediately.