If you are looking for a paneer dish that is simple and easy to put together and yet hearty, then your search ends here. I'm not sure why I didn't think of posting this recipe earlier coz I make this whenever I have paneer at home.
I have always believed that the combo of cottage cheese and Corn is a match made in heaven. In this dish, the soft textures of the corn and cheese is beautifully balanced by the crunch of the bell pepper. The use of ginger, garlic and the curry powder further enhances the taste and lends the curry a punch that makes this dish absolutely irresistible. No wonder. This dish is a perfect example of a curry in a hurry.
Paneer, corn and bell pepper Stir fry recipe
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 10min
Paneer, crumbled- 1 cup
Fresh or frozen corn- 1/2 cup
Green bell pepper- 1, diced
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1tsp
Onion- 1 med sized, chopped fine
Tomatoes- 2, chopped fine
Salt- to taste
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Sabzi masala or any curry powder- 1/2tsp
Paprika powder- 1/4tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat two tea spoons of oil in a thick bottomed pan. When hot, add the diced bell pepper and fry till tender and remove them to a small bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the cumin seeds. Once they sputter add the chopped onion and fry till it turns translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 2-3 min, till the raw smell goes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and corn and fry for 2min. Add the crumbled paneer and fry for another 3-4min
- Add the turmeric powder, salt, sugar, paprika powder and keep mixing till all the moisture is evaporated
- Add the fried bell pepper and sabzi masala and mix well and take off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note: You can replace the corn with peas. The paneer can be replaced with Tofu if you want to make this dish fat free and vegan