Nestle Cerevita is nothing but cornflakes that is crushed. I had brought two sachets of Cerevita for Purvi. But some how she did not like it too much. So I decided to conceal the cereal in cookies so that Purvi could eat them. But after baking the cookies, I felt that I should not baked them after all, as I could not stop munching on these.
These cookies are a perfect amalgamation of crunchy, buttery, chewy and nutty textures which makes them absolutely addictive. They may not look very appealing with all the cracked edges. But one bite into it, and I am sure that your eyes are definitely going roll back to the back of your head. They are that delicious.
This recipe is adapted from food.com. I have made a few changes to the original to make this eggless. These delightful cookies are perfect snacks for kids as well as adults. I feel it is one of those recipes that you and your kids can bake together. Do give this recipe a try. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Nutty Cerevita/Cornflakes cookies Recipe:
Preparation time: 30mins
Baking time- 10-12min
Makes- approximately 4 dozen cookies
Butter- 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
White sugar- 1/2 cup
Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
Flax seed powder- 1-1/2 tsp, soaked in 1 tbsp of water for 20min
Cerevita or crushed corn flakes- 1 cup or 250gms
chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts- 1/2 cup
All purpose flour or maida- 2 cups or 500 gms
Baking powder- 1-1/2tsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract- 1tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Cream butter and sugars till light and creamy. Add the flax seed mixture, vanilla and beat again.
- Stir in the oil and mix well.
- Sift the flour along with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the corn flakes and nuts and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to form a dough.
- Scoop out a table spoon of the dough and shape them into balls. Place them on cookie sheet 4" apart and flatten them with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 mins or till the undersides are brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for a few min before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in air tight containers.
Note: You can reduce the quantity of corn flakes to 1/2 cup and replace the other half with oats.