Hello Friends!!! Hope all of you had a great new year. I know I am having one for I am in Namma Bengaluru. All these days I have been spending my time and energy on my baby sister's wedding. We have been having a whale of a time, shopping, planning the menu, arguing etc, etc. These days I am feeling like I am constantly on the move either doing or planning something. Gosh!!! Just being with your loved ones can make even the coldest of winters seem warm ;)
As for this recipe, It was something that I had made a month back. It was a spontaneous and a thoughtless preparation. Despite all the thoughtlessness, it tasted just fabulous. Hence I thought of sharing the recipe with all of you today. This healthy rice is a quick fix recipe and goes great for the lunch box as well.
Spinach and wild rice pulao with cashewnuts:
Preparattion time: 20min
Cooking time: 10 min
Cooked wild rice-2cups
Spinach- 1 cup,finely chopped
Onion- 1 small
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1/4tsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar- a pinch
Oil- 2 tbsp
Ghee- 1 tsp
Cashew nuts- 10-12,chopped
- Heat oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds.
- Once they turn brown, add the chopped onion and fry till it turns pink.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 2min
- Add the chopped spinach and fry two more mins.
- Add the salt, sugar, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and fry for 3-4 min
- Stir in the cooked rice and the garam masala and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a separate pan and add the chopped cashewnuts. Fry till it turns brown.
- Take off the heat and add the fried cashews to the prepared rice.
- Mix well and serve hot with yogurt or raita of your choice.