I had this chunk of cooking chocolate lying in my refrigerator for a long time now. I wanted to bake some chocolate chip muffins but due to some unexpected turn of events I couldn't do that. Hence I decided to bake these simple yet healthy and satisfying cookies.
I stumbled on this recipe on ellesnewenglandkitchen.com. The recipe was actually vegan so i made a few changes to make it vegetarian. Even though the cookies are not very photogenic, they taste just as great.
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe:
Preparation time: 30min
Baking time: 12 min
Makes- approximately 2 dozen cookies
All purpose flour or maida- 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour- 1/2 cup
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar- 1 cup
Vanilla essencce- 1/2tsp
Rolled oats- 1-1/4cup, finely powdered
Chocolate chips- 1 cup
Almonds- 3/4 cup finely chopped
- In bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar till stiff and creamy
- Add the vanilla essence and the milk and mix well and keep aside
- In another bowl, sift the flours along with the salt, baking powder and the baking soda.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Then mix the rest of the rest of the flour and mix again.
- Fold in the oats, chocolate chips and the almonds and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Take small lime sized balls of the dough and shape them into cookies.
- Place the cookies 2" apart on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 12 min or till the under sides are brown.
- Cool the cookies for 5 min in the tray before transferring them to cool on a wire rack.