This my friends, is by far the best cookies that I have baked. The source of this recipe is Nashira from Nashplateful. These cookies are not from the actual recipe that was mentioned in the blog. This is from the variations that she had mentioned below the actual recipe. I was actually intrigued by the name that these cookies with custard powder was called. " yoyo cookies" isn't that cute? So I had immediately bookmarked the recipe. However, it too me almost three months to bake these classic cookies.
The custard powder, lends a rich vanilla flavour as well as a lovely golden colour to these cookies. Apart from this, these golden goodies have a great texture as well. They just melt in the mouth. Ah!!! Melting moment indeed. It sounds too good isn't it? But the best part is yet to come. These fuss free cookiesare a breeze to prepare. It just took me about 30mins to bake these from start to finish. These cookies go great with a hot cup of coffee or tea or milk or just as a nibble. You just can't stop munching on these. At least I couldn't
Yoyo cookies recipe:
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time- 10-12 min
Makes-approximately 20 cookies
All purpose flour or maida-1-1/2 cups
Vanilla flavored custard powder-1/2 cup
Icing sugar- 1/2 cup
Salt- a pinch
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar and whip until light and creamy.
- Sift the custard powder, salt and all purpose flour over the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Form small lime sized balls from the dough and gently press the ball with a fork to forma shape of cookie
- Arrange the cookies, an inch apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 190C for 10-12 min.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 min on the tray and then cool them on a wire rack for 15-20 mins and store in air tight containers.
Bring the butter to room temperature before using.
If the dough is difficult to handle, then refrigerate for 10min and use again.