Hello all. I hope all of you are having a great weekend. I know I ahve been away for nearly four days now. As much as I wanted to cook and blog something I just could not as I was not keeping too well since thursday. It started off with a mild fever which turned into a bad ache in the throat. I was not able to cook anything that was elaborate for nearly 3days. I was and I still am on a diet that does not include any curds. :( The only thing that seemed to perk me up during the past few days was this soup.
I actually wanted to make something that would be easy to make and would sooth my throat as well. I had these two small beets that could not have been used for anything else except for this creamy soup. The soup which is spiced mostly with pepper and laced with coriander powder and paprika powder was an absolute delight to my senses. Try making this soup sometime. I am sure you will enjoy this easy blended soup as well.
Beetroot soup recipe:
Cooking time- 15min
Beetroot- 3med, diced
Onion- 1 small, chopped fine
Potato- 1 small- diced
Ginger-garlic paste- 1/2tsp
Freshly ground pepper- 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
Paprika powder- 1/4tsp
Cream or milk to garnish (optional)
Oil or butter- 1tbsp
- Heat oil or butter in a pan and add the chopped onion and the ginger garlic paste and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chopped beet root and the diced potato and mix well.
- Add about 3 cups of water. Cover and cook the mixture till the vegetables are tender.
- Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Blend the mixture to a fine paste in a blender and transfer the contents back to the vessel.
- Add more water to achieve desired consistency and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add salt, pepper, coriander and paprika powder and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 min.
- Take off the heat and serve hot with cream as a garnish.