Coming to the recipe for these laddus, This is my mom's recipe. As far as I am concerned, she makes the best rava laddus ever. I really don't know why I never tried making these. It was only after S's colleague had brought us some rava laddus which was made by his mother, that it occurred to me that I had ignored making this lovely dish all together. I immediately called amma and asked her for the recipe. I made this yesterday especially for the 100th post. So these laddus goes to all of you for encouraging me to blog a 100 posts. I really couldn't have done it without your support. A BIG thank you to all of you for making this a joyful and an enriching experience :)
Rava laddu recipe:
Preparation time: 20min
Makes- 15 to 18 laddus
Semolina or rava- 1 cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Milk- 1/4 cup, warmed
Shredded dried coconut- 1/2 cup
Cardamom- 5, crushed in a mortar and pestle
Edible camphor- a pinch( optional)
Cashew- 10, chopped
Raisins- 1/4 cup
Ghee or clarified butter- 2tbsp
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed skillet or wok and add the semolina and roast till slightly brown and fragrant. Take off the heat and set aside
- Heat the remaining ghee and add the cashews and raisins. Once the cashews turn brown and the raisins puff up, take off the heat and set aside.
- Transfer all the ingredients except milk, to a separate bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add the warm milk little by little and check if the rava can be shaped into laddus.
- Wet hands with milk and shape them into balls and allow the laddus to cool completely before serving or storing in an air tight container.
These laddus are my contribution to Miz helen's full plate thursdays
And to Nithu's Quick and easy recipe mela