You must be thinking that I must be out of my mind to post the same recipe twice. Well I must admit that I have become very fond of the chocolate and orange flavour. Moreover, it becomes even more irresistible if the already tasty muffin fat free and tad healthier. Now you can't blame me for posting this again. Can you?
I found this recipe on epicurious.com when I was looking for some muffin recipes. I jotted down the recipe immediately and made a few changes to make it eggless and baked this yesterday. The preparation time took a little longer as I made the apple sauce from the scratch. But if you have the apple sauce on hand, then baking this muffin is a breeze
Chocolate Oatmeal Orange Muffins
Preparation time: 30 mins
Baking time- 30min
Makes- 14 muffins
Maida or all purpose flour- 1-3/4 cup
Rolled oats- 1-1/4 cup
Sugar- 1/3 cup
Baking powder- 2tsp
Baking Soda- 1/4tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Orange zest- 2tsp
Juice from your zested orange, strained
Nutella- 1/4 cup
Applesauce- 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence- 1tsp
Mini dark chocolate chunks- 3/4 cup
- Combine the flour, Baking powder, salt, and baking soda and sift once
- Add the sugar, rolled oats and the cinnamon powder, mix well and keep aside
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter milk, nutella, orange zest, vanilla essence and the orange juice and whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix till well comined. Do not over mix. Stir in the Chocolate chips and mix.
- Fill the atter in a muffin pan till 3/4th full and bake at 180C for 25 to 30min or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve warm
These muffins are my contribution to Aipi and Priya's Tuesday book marled recipe
And also to Dr. Sameena Pratap's Chocolate recipe event