I found this recipe by accident on taste of home. com. I must say that it was a healthy accident ;).These cookies are ideal when you want to grab something in a hurry or for those "in between meals hunger pangs". Instead of munching on junk, it is best to keep these cookies handy. We are so much in love with these that we carry these where ever we go. S even takes these to the office these days. With the goodness of whole wheat, oats, milk and seeds, you can be sure to have a whole some snack without indulging too much. And believe me folks, these cookies are very filling. You just munch on one cookie and you can go on for an hour without another rumble in your stomach.
Take away breakfast cookies:
Preparation time: 20mins
Baking time: 15min
Yields- 16 cookies
Butter- 1/2 cup, softened
Peanut butter- 1/2cup
Brown sugar- 1 cup
Egg-1 or egg replacer*
Vanilla extract- 1tsp
Whole wheat flour- 3/4 cup
Milk powder- 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds- 2tbsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- 1/4tsp
Baking powder- 2/4tsp
Sesame seeds- 3tsbsp
For egg replacer for one egg, mix together:
2tbsp milk or water+ 2 tbsp all purpose flour+ 1/2tbsp butter+ 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar till light and airy
- Add the vanilla essence, milk, egg or egg replacer and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, milk powder, wheat flour, salt, poppy seeds, baking soda and baking powder and mix well
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Do not over mix
- Preheat the oven at 200C and grease a baking sheet or aluminium foil with a little foil and drop 2tbsps of the dough at 4" apart.
- Flatten them into 3" circles and bake for 12-15mins or till the undersides are brown.
- Cool completely before storing in air tight container.
P.S. I have replaced the wheat germ with poppy seeds. You can add wheat germ if it is available .
You can also add raisins or currants or dried cranberries
These cookies are my contribution to Aipi and Priya's tuesday bookmarked recipes
And to Srivalli's breakfast mela