Another spinach recipe. But I could not help posting this as this is my favourite sandwich . I had some left over spinach. So I decided to make this sandwich for my breakfast today.
I had found this recipe sometime back here . From that time on, I make this sandwich whenever I have some spinach and corn. It just takes a few minutes to put this together. Apart from this, it is healthy and tasty as well. This sandwich is one great way to make your kids eat their greens.
Spinach and corn sandwich recipe
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time 10mins
Spinach- 1 bunch
Potato- 1 small, boiled, peeled and mashed
Fresh or frozen corn- 1/2cup, par boiled
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated cheese- 2tbsp
Bread slices- 4
Butter as required
- Blanch the spinach leaves. Refresh in cold water, drain and chop into small pieces
- Mix the chopped spinach with the boiled potato and the corn.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture on one bread slice, top it with a tbsp of grated cheese and cover with another slice
- Spread the butter on both the sides of the sandwich and toast on a hot skillet till brown
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining slices and serve hot
And to Srivalli's Breakfast mela