This space has been very quite since the past three days. Thanks to the bad internet connection. I was completely isolated from the blogging world. During these past 3 days, I did a lot of things which I was procrastinating for long. One of them being making this granola.
Me and S have always loved to have granola or muesli for breakfast. But then, in my part of the world, it is very tough to find the right one. The sweetened ones were extremely sweet and the unsweetened ones were way too bland. Without any natural sweeteners. I found myself adding 2-3 tsps of sugar. I had literally stopped eating granola due to this. I was just adamant on having a granola which was sweetened with all the natural stuffs. The idea of including the banana puree and date syrup to oats hit me about 15 days back at 2 a.m. I wanted to try this the very next day. But then due to a lot of reasons, I could make this only on Tuesday. This granola has become a favourite with us. You can have this without any added sugar. This is definitely my favourite way of kick starting the day.
Before I move on to the recipe, I would like to share some news with you all. My Avial recipe was shortlisted among the top 9 recipes on food buzz on 3rd April. That was a great moment for me. I always used to browse through the top 9 recipes. But I had never thought that mine would be one among them. This would have been possible without your support. I would like to offer a mere but huge thanks to all my readers and friends of the blogging world. You guys ROCK!! THANK YOU!!!
Date and banana Granola recipe
Preparation time: 30mins
Baking time: 1hour
Makes about a kilo
Old fashioned rolled oats- 5cups
Almonds- 1 cup, slivered
Walnuts- 1 cup, chopped
Currants- 1/2 cup
Sunflower seeds- 1/4cup
Date syrup- 1/3 cup
Brown Sugar- 1/2 cup
Banana (med)- 1-1/2, Pureed (about 3/4cup)
Vanilla essence- 1tsp
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, salt, sugar, almonds, currants, raisins, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- In another bowl, blend the date syrup, vanilla essence, honey, banana Puree, and butter until well mixed
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Preheat the oven at 150C.
- Spread the mixture on two baking sheets and bake for an hour stirring the mixture every 15mins. Until the granola is deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.