This mind blowing salad recipe is adapted from here. This salad is a breeze to prepare if you have the croutons handy. The wonderful part about this salad is, you can experiment with the flavourings and present it in a different way each time. This can be served as a starter or as a salad or as an evening snack like I did.
I have tweaked the recipe just a bit to suit my tastes and pantry requirements and it turned out just as great.
Preparation time: 15mins
Tomatoes- 3, deseeded and chopped fine
Olive oil- 2tsp
Freshly ground pepper powder- 1/4tsp or tp taste
Salt to taste
Lime juice- 1/2 tsp
Paprika powder- 1/4tsp
Coriander to garnish
Mozzarella cheese to garnish
For the croutons:
Whole wheat or white bread- 2 slices
Butter- 2 tsp
Olive oil- 2 tsp
Freshly ground pepper- a pinch
Salt a pinch
Garlic- 2 cloves. ground to a paste
For the Croutons:
- Cut the edges of the bread and cut the slices into cubes and set aside
- Heat a pan and add the butter oilive oil, garlic paste, salt and pepper so that the flavours are well infused. Cook for about 2 mins and take off the heat.
- Add the bread cubes and toss so that the they are well coated.
- Bake the bread cubes in a preheated oven at 200C for 10 mins or till browned
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil and lime juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and toss.
- Add the croutons and toss again
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cheese and serve immediately.
This recipe goes straight to Aipi and Priyas Tuesday bookmarked event