If you are fond of Amarnath leaves aka chauli, then I'm sure you will love this simple and nutritious curry. This curry is so simple and so quick to prepare, that it makes me wonder how this can taste that good. In this recipe, the sauteed greens are combined with toasted peanuts and lightly spiced for the flavour and aroma.
Amarnath Leaves and Peanut Stir fry Recipe
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 10min
Amarnath leaves- 2 bunches, washed and finely chopped
Peanuts- 1-1/2 tbsp, roasted and coarslely ground
Jeera or cumins seeds-1 tsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
Hing- A big pinch
Salt to taste
Green chilli-1, slit
Dried red chilli-2, deseeded and torn
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Once they turn brown, add the red chilli pieces and the curry leaves and fry till crisp
- Add the Hing and chopped greens and saute for 2 mins
- Add the green chillies, turmeric and salt and saute for 5 mins
- Add the crushed gorundnuts or Peanuts and mix thoroughly.
- Take off the heat and serve hot with either rice or rotis