This recipe was born out of the sheer compulsion to use up the spring onion that was left over. I had some left over rice and these spring onions lying in the fridge. I do not use spring onions much except for Chinese. And I hate to see vegetables rot. Therefore, after a lot of thought, I decided to cook up this rice. The rice is easy, and uses some simple ingredients and still extremely tasty. The hint of pepper and the butter makes this rice absolutely delectable.
Spring onion fried rice recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves- 2 to 3
Cooked rice- 2 cups
Spring onion- 4 to 5, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste- 1tsp
Green chilli- 1, finely chopped
Pepper- 4-5, ground to a fine powder
Cumin or jeera- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala- A pinch
Salt to taste
Spring onion greens or coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds.
- Once they turn brown, add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a min
- Add the green chillies and chopped spring onion and fry for 2 mins
- Add the salt, pepper, garam masala and cooked rice and mix thoroughly
- Add the butter and mix again.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves or spring onion greens and serve hot with raita or plain yogurt.