This is another simple curry yet tasty at the same time. I got this recipe from Tarla dalal's Desi Khana recipe book. What makes this curry different, is the addition of cinnamon . The cinnamon lends a distinctive bitter sweet taste to the otherwise ordinary sabzi. Try this and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
Mixed vegetable Patiala style recipe:
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time- 15 mins
Mixed vegetables like carrots, beans, peas, cauliflower and potato- 2 cups, Par boiled
Onion- 1 large, Finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Cinnamon- 1" piece, powdered
Salt- to taste
Rice flour- 2tsp
Jeera or cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Green chilli- 1
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a wok and add the jeera.
- Once they pop and turn brown, add the onion and saute till translucent.
- Add the ginger-Garlic paste and green chilli and saute for a min.
- Add the salt, sugar and turmeric and saute for a min more.
- Add the par boiled vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the milk and boil the mixture on a low flame.
- Make a thin paste of the rice flour by adding a little water and add this paste to the boiling mixture.
- Once the mixture thickens, add the cinnamon powder and stir.
- Take off the heat, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.