Happy Valentines day to all my blogger friends. I hope you all are having a very good time with your Loved ones. At my place, the only reaction I get from S is a chukle. As if to say that I am pretty silly to celebrate this day. Anyways, his indifference cannot drench my valentine spirit. I adore S way too much for that.
I baked this chocolate cake especially for S. Why chocolate cake? you might ask. It's simply because S is a quintessential chocoholic. At times, he is worse than my 19 month old daughter. You give him a bar of Toblerone or galaxy and he is a happy man. That's the reason I decided to bake a chocolate cake for him. I had to go through the problems of power fluctuation and power cut while baking the cake. At one point, I thought that the cake would be spoilt altogether. But thankfully, it came out and quite well. The smile and glow on S's face when he tasted the cake was worth all the effort and hard work.
The recipe for this cake is taken from this blog. I have not made any changes to the recipe. The cake came out just perfect with the same measurements. Go ahead and try this version of chocolate cake and I'm sure you will be floored as well
Eggless chocolate cake recipe:
Preparation time: 20mins
Baking time: 40 min
Makes a 9" round cake
All purpose flour or maida- 1-1/2 cup
Cocoa powder- 2tbsp
Condensed milk- 1 tin or 2 cups
Baking powder- 2tsp
Baking soda- 1tsp
Butter- 10tbsp or 150gm, melted
Vanilla essence- 2tsp
Water- 150mil or 2/3 cups
- Sieve the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix the condensed milk, water,vanilla essence and the melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently till the mixture is uniform and without lumps.
- Grease a baking tin and pour the batter into it. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 40mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once done, Cool the cake on a wire rack and serve warm with frosting or topping of your choice.