I was never a big fan of mushrooms. I would'nt touch mushrooms unless it was camouflaged in something like in a pizza. But all of that changed when my mom made this Pulao on Sunday. It tasted divine just out of this world. I asked her for the recipe and decided to post this for the Tue book marked event. So here goes the recipe.
Mushroom Paneer Pulao Recipe:
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Button mushrooms, quartered-10-12
Basmati rice- 2cups, soaked
Onion- 1 med, thinly sliced
Ginger-Garlic paste- 2tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander seed powder- 2 tsp
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)-2 tsp
Cottage cheese (paneer)- 1 cup, cubed
Fresh coriander sprig- A few
- Soak the oyster mushrooms in half a cup of water.
- Drain the oyster mushrooms and chop. Reserve the water in which they were soaked.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a non stick pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for two minutes.
- Add both the mushrooms and sauté till lightly coloured.
- Add the turmeric powder, crushed coriander seeds, red chilli powder, kasuri methi and salt and mix.
- Add rice, one and half cups of water and the water in which the mushrooms were soaked.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover the pan and cook till the rice is done.
- Heat the remaining oil in another non stick pan. Add the paneer cubes and sauté till lightly golden.
- Drain and set aside. Garnish the rice with the fried paneer and coriander leaves and serve hot.