I'm back after a long hiatus. And I can't tell you all how good it feels to post something after this long. I've been wanting to post this recipe since the day I came to know about the cooking with Anardana seeds event on Priya's blog.But then I could not post this recipe because of my hectic travel schedule. It was by sheer accident that I noticed that the last date for the event was today and I just hurried to make the post.
This paratha is a family favourite. The addition of anardana powder lends a tart and pungent flavour to the traditional aloo paratha. Try this and I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.
Aloo Anardana paratha recipe:
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time:20 mins
Makes- 8 parathas
For the outer covering:
Wheat flour- 2 cups+ 3tbsp to dust
Water to knead the dough
For the Stuffing:
Potatoes: 2med, boiled, peeled and mashed
Anardana or pomegranate seeds- 1tbsp
Roasted Jeera powder- 2tsp
Onion chopped- 1/2med
Fresh coriander leaves-2tbsp
Salt- to taste
Green chilli- 1, finely chopped
Red chilli powder- 1/2tsp
Ghee to shallow fry
For the covering:
- In a large bowl, mix the wheat flour and salt. Rub the oil into the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add water and knead the flour mixture into a soft pliable dough. Cover and keep aside for 10-15mins
For the filling:
- In large bowl mix all the ingredients for the filling and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into eight equal portions. Take one portion of the dough and using the wheat flour to dust, roll out the dough into a circle of 3"- 4" in diameter.
- Place a portion of the filling in the center of the dough and gather the edges and cover the filling.
- Roll the dough again into a circle of 8" to 10" in diameter and cook the paratha on a tawa or a girdle on both sides using a little ghee till pink spot appears on both sides.
- Repeat for remaining dough and stuffing.
- Serve hot with curds or accompaniment of your choice.
This recipe is my contribution to CWS- Anardana event which was started by Priya and which is now hosted by Jayashree Ravi