By now I think all the readers of my blog would have known two things about me. One- That I loooove spinach and two- I looove sanjeev kapoor's recipes. So my friends, this recipe is Sanjeev Kapoors Palak aur Gajar pulao. The Pulao is very easy to put together and is very tasty. I've tweaked a bit by adding potato. However, the rest of the recipe remains the same. Try it and I'm sure it will not disappoint you.
Spinach pulao recipe:
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Rice- 2cups, washed and soaked
Spinach- 1 bunch, chopped fine
Carrot- 1 large- cubed
Potato: 1 large, peeled and cubed
Onion- 1, chopeed
Ginger-garlic paste- 2tsp
Oil/ ghee- 1tbsp
Jeera/cumin seeds- 1tsp
Green chilli- 1, slit
Bay leaf- 1
Salt to taste
For the spice mix
Coriander seeds- 1tbsp
- Make a powder of all the ingredients for the spice mix and keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker and add the jeera seeds and bay leaf
- Once it pops, add the spice powder and fry for a min.
- Add the onion and saute till translucent.
- Add the ginger- garlic paste and saute fora min more
- Add the cubed carrot and potato and saute for 2-3 mins
- Add the chopped spinach and stir for 2 more mins.
- Add the salt, green chilli, turmeric and mix till all the water is evaporated.
- Lastly add the soaked rice and 31/4 cups of water and mix gently.
- Close the pressure cooker and place the weight.
- Cook for 10-12 mins on a low flame till done.
- Allow the cooker to cool completely before unlocking.
- Check for salt and serve hot with raita of your choice.
This is my contribution to Aipi's book marked event.
And to Umm mymoonah's Eat well and live well event.