An elegant indian sweet dish which is prepared using cottage cheese and milk. The delicate flavouring of cardamom and saffron makes this dessert absolutely irresistable. This recipe is an easy way of making the traditional dessert without compromising on the taste.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Makes about 12-15 pieces
Fresh cottage cheese or paneer- 11/2 cups
Milk powder- 12tbsp
Cream- 1/2 cup
Saffron- a pinch (optional)
Cardamom/elaichi- 6, powdered
Chopped almonds to garnish
- Grease a plate with 1/2 a tsp of ghee and keep aside
- Combine all the ingredients, except almonds in a thick bottomed pan and cook over a low flame till the mixture the mixture thickens and leaves the sides. (approximately 10-15mins)
- Take off the heat and spread the mixture on the greased plate.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and allow the mixture to cool.
- Cut the kalakand into desired shape and serve chilled