A lot has happend since the past two days. Well more than two days actually. I have been busy preparing for my journey to India and today I cannot believe I am here. Initially, I was a nervous wreck as I was travelling alone with my little one. I had all kinds of doubts in my mind and I packed purvi's food like as though I was expecting a draught or a famine. But thankfully, the flight was on time and apart for some minor sniffles purvi behaved well. I could'nt have asked more from a 17 month old. Could I?
I arrived in bangalore in the morning today and since I've become blog-a-holic, I decided to make a post from here. This one is a simple stir fry that I make often.A hassle free and tasty recipe that can be enjoyed either with rice or rotis.
Cabbage and corn stirfry recipe:
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 15mins
Cabbage- 1/2 med, chopped fine
Corn kernels- 1cup
Green chillies- 1-2, chopped fine
Channa dal- 1tsp
Urad dal- 1tsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Hing- A pinch
Curry leaves- 1sprig
Salt to taste
- Par boil cabbage and corn kernels and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds
- Once the mustard pops add the channa dal and urad dal and fry till they turn brown
- Add the hing and curry leaves and saute till the curry leaves turn crisp.
- Add the turmeric and green chillies and stir
- Add the boiled cabbage and conrn and saute for min.
- Add salt and mix well. Serve hot with rice or rotis.