This recipe is inspired from Tarla dalal's cook book, "Healthy snacks for kids". Though the original recipe was about banana and walnut, I changed the recipe by including raisins and milk. Just to make the muffin a little more healthy, I have included corn meal we well. However, if corn meal is not handy, then you can increase the quantity of all purpose flour by half a cup. These muffins are wholesome, tasty and nutritious and are bursting with sweet raisins. They are also low on fat content, which makes them a more healthy way to start the day
Eggless oatmeal, banana, raisin muffin recipe:
Preparation time: 20 mins
baking time- 30 mins
Makes- 10 muffins
Maida or all purpose flour- 1 cup
Rolled oats- 1/2 cup+ 2tbsp
Milk- 3/4 cup
Corn meal- 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 1tspn
Brown sugar- 1/2 cup, powdered
Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
Butter- 2- 3tbsp, melted
Raisins- 1/2 cup, soaked for 2-3 hrs and drained
Banana- 3med, pureed
Vanilla essence- 1tsp
- Sieve maida, corn meal, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine oats and milk and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar till smooth with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mashed banana, vanilla essence and mix well
- Add the banana and the oats mixtures to the flour and mix.
- Fold in the soaked raisin as well and mix till the ingredients are well combined and no traces of flour remain.
- Do not over mix the batter. The batter should be spoonable not pourable
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups and sprinkle some oats on top.
- Bake the muffin in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 30 mins. Or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack and serve warm.