Off late my little girl has started indulging in a lot of junk food. She has even started skipping her lunch and dinner for potato wafers or chocolates. I don't mind her snacking as long as it is healthy. I decided to bake some healthy muffins for her and I found this recipe on our very own DK's blog. I have made a few changes to the original recipe to suit my pantry needs but the essence of the original recipe remains the same.
The muffin turned out extremely well. My little one loved it so much that she gobbled up half a muffin in one go. I'm extremely pleased with this recipe and I'll surely bake this from time to time. I would like to say two words to Divya before I head on to the recipe. THANK YOU Divya!!!!
Cheesy corn muffins recipe:
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time- 40 mins
Makes- 12 muffins
All purpose flour/ maida- 2 cups
Corn meal- 1 cup
Baking powder- 3tspn
Milk- 11/2 cups
Pepper powder- 1tsp
Corn- 11/2 cup
Cheese- 3-4 cubes, grated
spring onions- 2, chopped
Butter- 1-2 tbspn, melted
- Sift the all purpose flour, corn meal, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Take the milk, corn, cheese, pepper powder, salt and spring onions kin a separate bowl and whisk till well belnded.
- Add this mixture to the flour mixture and fold till mixed well.
- Drop a tbsp of this mixture in the greased muffin pan/ cups and bake these in a pre-heated oven at 415F or 200C for 30 to 40 mins.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an air tight container.