Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetable. But I am quite bored of the regular sabji/ Palya that I make. Therefore, I googled for some recipes and found this on sanjeevkapoor.com. Though this is a simple recipe, I cannot say the same about the taste. The sweet flavour of the beets and the nutty taste of the sesame, complement each other beautifully. I have tweaked a little bit from the original recipe and excluded garam masala from the curry. But he taste was just as great. This recipe is surely a keeper for me. I'm sure I will be making this more often or maybe till I get bored if this ;)
Beetroot aur til ki sabji recipe:
Preparation time- 15 mins
Cooking time- 15 mins
Beetroot- 4 med, diced and boiled
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Jeera/ Cumin- 1/2tsp
Hing- a pinch
curry leaves- 1 sprig
Til/ Sesame seeds- 1-2 tbsp, roasted
Red chilli powder- 1/2- 1 tsp
Coriander seed powder- 1tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Once it sputters add the jeera and fry till brown
- Add the curry leaves and hing and fry for a min more.
- Add the boiled beet root and saute for two mins.
- Add the coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and saute for some more time.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.