I made this paratha four days back for lunch. This nutritious powder packed and tasty parathas are family favourite. You can add any vegetable of your choice for the filling and I can assure you it will come out as tasty. A nourishing and a wholesome dish which can be had either for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Spinach, paneer and vegetable paratha recipe:
Preparation time: 30mins
Makes- 6 parathas.
For the outer covering:
Spincah- 1 bunch
Wheat flour- 2 cups
oil- 2 tspn
salt- 1/2 tspn
For the filling:
Carrots- 2, grated
Cauliflower- 5-6 florets, grated
Paneer- 1/2 cup crumbled
Garam masala- 1/4 tspn
Green Chilli- 1, chopped fine
Paprika Powder- 1/4 tspn
Salt- to taste
Oil- 2 tspn
Jeera- 1/2 tspn
Oil/ ghee to shallow fry the parathas.
For the filling:
- Mix the grated carrot and cabbage together. Add salt and keep aside for 10mins.
- Squeeze out the water from the carrot and cabbage and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds.
- Once they sputter add the turmeric powder and chopped green chilli and sauté for a min.
- Add the grated vegetables and fry for 2 more mins.
- Add the crumbled paneer and fry for some more time.
- Add the salt, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and fry for 2 more mins.
- Remove from the stove and cool completely.
For the dough:
- Pressure cook the spinach for one whistle. Cool and blend the spinach to a fine paste.
- Mix the wheat flour, salt and oil. Add the spinach puree and knead the mixture to a soft pliable dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 4" diameter. Place one tbsp of the filling in the center. Wet the edges of the dough with water and bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6-7" diameter, using flour to dust the parathas.
- Cook on a hot girdle using little oil/ ghee , until brown spots appear.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions and filling to make the remaining parathas.
- Serve hot with yogurt.