I got this recipe by accident. It was in an old savvy magazine which was lying in my friend's place. I knew I had to try this recipe the moment I read it. The sweet flavor of the cashew with the mild tangy flavor of kalonji, makes this curry, exotic, rich and delectable. I hope you enjoy trying this curry as much as I did.
Shabhnam Curry recipe:
Preparation time- 30 mins
Cooking time- 20 mins
200 gms of mixed vegetables like carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower, potato
Peas- 1/2 cup
Corn- 1/2 cup
1/4 cup or 4 tbsp of Cashews soaked in water.
Curds- 1/2 cup
Onion-2 Finely chopped
Kalonji- 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes-2, Blanched and pureed
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Kasoori methi- 1Tbsp
Red chillli powder- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Cloves- 2, crushed
Sugar- 1 tsp
Cardamom- 2 crushed
- Boil vegetables peas and corn and keep aside.
- Drain cashews and grind them along with curd to a fine paste.
- Heat oil and add the Kalonji and cumin seeds. Stir on med. heat till brown.
- Add the onion and fry till brown.
- Add the tomato and fry till it almost dries up.add ginger-Garlic paste and stir for 2 more mins.
- Add Kasoori methi, Red chilli, Turmeric, Garam masala salt and sugar and stir for 2 mins.
- Add the cashew-curd paste. Simmer and stir for 2 more mins.
- Add the cooked vegetables amd water and bring to a boil. Simmer without covering for 5min.
- Add the peas and corn and boil for a few more mins.
- Before serving, Heat ghee in a pan and add the crushed clove and cardamom and saute for a min.
- Add the seasoning and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or rotis.