I first tasted this curry in my friend N's place. She said that she had got the recipe from Sanjeev kapoor's Punjabi cook book. So I guess the credit for this lovely recipe goes to the chef extraordinaire himself. The combination of Cauliflower,and Potatoes with the humble ginger gives out a flavor that is unique and pleasant. The fact that this curry can be made in a jiffy makes this recipe extra special.
Aloo gobi adraki recipe:
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time:15 mins
Cauliflower:1 med, Cut into florets
Potatoes- Peeled and cubed, 2 med
Cumin seeds- 1tspn
Ginger- 1inch minced+ 1/2 inch grated
Turmeric- 1/4 tspn
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tspn
Thick Curds- 2 tbsp
Tomato-1 chopped fine (optional)
Coriander leaves to garnish
Salt- to taste
- Par boil or steam the potatoes till half done and keep aside.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets in hot salted water for two mins. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the jeera/ cumin seeds.
- Once they sputter, add the minced ginger and green chilli saute for 1/2 a min.
- Add the potato cubes and cauliflower and stir for 2 more mins.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix.
- Add the curds and mix again. Cover and cook the vegetables for 2 more mins.
- Add the chopped tomato and stir. Garnish with grated ginger and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis.